Monday, June 15, 2009

My 100th Post

One hundred. I've finally reached the century mark on blog posts. And while many of them are simply links to other stories I've written for The Badger Herald, I think my 100th post is an exciting moment in this blog.

It's only fitting that my special moment would coincide with another in the NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Orlando Magic 99-86 last night to wrap up their 15th title in franchise history.

Kobe Bryant was named Finals MVP in earning his fourth career championship and first without Shaquille O'Neal. Finally, Kobe has earned that elusive fourth title which justifies his ability to win without Shaq.

Phil Jackson, well he's now being talked about as the G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time) in coaching. He now owns 10 championships, a new NBA record for coaches, passing Boston Celtic great Red Auerbach for the most in NBA history.

Sure, many fans probably didn't want to see the Lakers win the championship. And yes, it would have been more interesting if they had faced King James and the Cavaliers. But in the end, the result is one of the biggest moments in NBA history.

No comments: